Release

Everything concerning Cessna O-1/L-19 Bird Dog is discussed here.
flyingfarmer

Re: Release

Post by flyingfarmer » 19 Jul 2009, 22:29

I'm visiting this site every day in hope for any new infos at the Bird Dog release. I have to say: I fully agree to speedy70.

Can't you say one time, what still has to be done, before the little bird dog can be released? We are all leeching for some information, when we would get them, we'll be quiet and wait...

Max

FSXaddict

Post by FSXaddict » 23 Jul 2009, 04:03

I searched for another FSX version of the Bird Dog to tide me over until this one is released and could only find a version made by Abacus. But it looks like it's from FS 1975.

big-mike

Post by big-mike » 24 Jul 2009, 19:03

CBris wrote:Chris, you ought to know by now :wink: :wink: that a 'Sibwings' release is ALWAYS worth waiting for...
Yup,that`s right,i have the Safir X and know what you mean.
But the pics of the Bird Dog are looking so good!!!
Waiting is very hard.
Michael

speedy70

Post by speedy70 » 14 Aug 2009, 16:33

Well here we are at the 14 august and still NOTHING.Lets look at what we have heard.

Report this postReply with quoteRe: Release
by Mia » 16 Mar 2009, 10:35

Hi there,

Sorry for not giving updated Bird Dog news in time.

Bird Dog development process takes a bit more time than we planned, so for now we can announce a new release date which is 1st of May.
At the moment we're fixing last bugs to release a rigorous Bird Dog beta version, as soon as it's tested we'll be able to tell you a more accurate release date.
Be sure that we're doing our best to release our new product as soon as possible, but at the same time we'll never sacrifice quality.

So, please, have some patience and you will receive another beautiful bird very soon Inna

by Mia » 19 May 2009, 11:14

Hi guys,

Our sincere apologies for keeping silence so long.

Just want to assure you that we have NOT abandoned our project, we just had to make a little pause because of some reasonable excuse.

Now we're back to work and we're in the home stretch with this project.

At the moment we prefer not to give any exact release date in order not to live up to your expectations. Let's make it a little surprise, a pleasant one;)

Cheers

by Andrey » 30 Jun 2009, 18:24

hews500d wrote:
Hi guys, any news of a potential release yet?

Darrell

Guys, we are working hard on Birddog now to make complite beta (four models, four virtual cockpits) so please give us bit more time, as soon as date would be clean we'll let you know for sure.

WHAT IS GOING ON.
SOMEBODY SAID THAT SIBWINGS PRODUCTS ARE VWORTH WAITING FOR.ALL I CAN SAY IS THERE HAS ONLY BEEN THE SAFIR WHICH TOOK FOR EVER AND NOW THIS FIASCO.WILL SOMEBODY AT SIBWINGS PLEASE COME CLEAN WITH US FAITHFULL FEW.I NOTICE THAT VISITS AND POSTS ARE GETTING LESS.THERE MUST BE BETA TESTERS OUT THERE WHO ARE SAYING NOTHING AS WELL.SOMEBODY SAY SOMETHINGCONSTRUCTIVE PLEASE.

CBris

Post by CBris » 14 Aug 2009, 22:59

"Shouting" won't help, and besides, it's rude.

On the other hand, something has obviously delayed or stopped further action with the Bird Dog. Whatever has prevented the Sibwings team from answering, it is fairly "serious". Rather than shout, complain, demand, how's about some tolerance?

Until the Sibwings team return (if), let's just back off and be patient. And if nothing happens, so what? We have no right to demand...

OK?
Chris B, aka "Dances with paintbrushes", aka EagleSkinner

All new "EagleSkinner" repaints can be found on my homepage - eagleskinner dot com (rebuild is now in progress)

Drop by my blog sometime
Follow me on Facebook too

speedy70

Post by speedy70 » 18 Aug 2009, 23:09

I notice andrey has been on the forum today(see posts for safir glass 18 8 09 below) but apparently does not see fit to answer any other queries.I would be interested in your comments.

* Report this post

Re: Changing glass transparancy on B model

Postby Andrey » 18 Aug 2009, 17:07
Hello!

It's possible to change VC glass transparancy by making alpha-chanel of glass texture (S91_texture07_C.dds) bit more dark.

But, honestly if you'll look into real safir photos you may notice that reflection is pretty strong and in reality too (cockpit is very open for sunlight :))

Andrey

Andr

Andrey
Site Admin

Post by Andrey » 19 Aug 2009, 10:28

speedy70 wrote:I notice andrey has been on the forum today(see posts for safir glass 18 8 09 below) but apparently does not see fit to answer any other queries.I would be interested in your comments.
Hello Speedy,
Honestly didn't got what do you want to hear ? We have no strict shedule, as soon as project would be finished it would be released, this moment we can't tell you strict date.

Andrey
We are at facebook: facebook.com/sibwings

speedy70

Post by speedy70 » 20 Aug 2009, 19:18

Andrey
I thank you for your reply.All the forum wish to hear, as you can see from the posts, is some confirmation that the project is still "alive" and not shelved and is proceeding..In March Mia said" we can announce a new release date which is 1st of May". In May you said it will be ready "in a month or two"In June you said"Guys, we are working hard on Birddog now to make complite beta (four models, four virtual cockpits) "
If the project is delayed or stalled or whatever please just tell us,that is all we ask" to be informed".If we hear nothing and dates are not kept we can only assume that it has been abandoned or shelved.A progress report occasionally would be good.
I wish you well in the progress of the aircraft and look forward to purchasing it from you "eventually"
Chris

toby23

Post by toby23 » 27 Aug 2009, 20:22

I really hope you guys can get this project off the ground and into the download stores...
It looks absolutely fantastic and already looks like it'll be my new VFR touring companion!
Toby

flyingfarmer

Post by flyingfarmer » 01 Sep 2009, 12:14

Sorry for asking, but is there any chance for a release still in this year? ;-)

ipgdc

Post by ipgdc » 28 Sep 2009, 17:34

Sorry to see - after months abscence from this discussion - that the Bird Dog hasn't been released yet :( . But comfortable to hear tha it is still on its way :grin: .
Could it be that the delay has changed the decision of the developping team to aim the product exclusively for FSX.
I mean, making an FSX-version for the Saab Safir wasn't any big deal so ... :)
In the simworld FS9 is still the most popular for a lot of reasons according to several polls and personally I have been waiting for an Bird Dog AddOn ever since Massimo Taccoli released his version for FS2002 ....

Dieter

Post by Dieter » 02 Oct 2009, 12:27

Sorry, I don't know, if anybody has already asked:
Will this plane work with Windows 7?

Greetings
Dieter

Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex » 02 Oct 2009, 12:54

ipgdc wrote:Sorry to see - after months abscence from this discussion - that the Bird Dog hasn't been released yet :( . But comfortable to hear tha it is still on its way :grin: .
Could it be that the delay has changed the decision of the developping team to aim the product exclusively for FSX.
I mean, making an FSX-version for the Saab Safir wasn't any big deal so ... :)
In the simworld FS9 is still the most popular for a lot of reasons according to several polls and personally I have been waiting for an Bird Dog AddOn ever since Massimo Taccoli released his version for FS2002 ....
Sorry, but it will be available only for FSX.
Dieter wrote:Sorry, I don't know, if anybody has already asked:
Will this plane work with Windows 7?

Greetings
Dieter
Yes!
Alex Petrochenko
SibWings developer

mangotango

Post by mangotango » 01 Dec 2009, 23:42

For you who would like to have a closer look on the upcoming Birddog...
FTX has made a promo video for the Caloundra airport - and Alex has sent them a BETA for testing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gc-F3GS ... r_embedded

Alex it looks absolutely fantastic!!! Great job!!!
ASUS P9X79 Deluxe - INTEL CORE i7 3630K - 2 x EVGA GTX 680 (SLI) - CORSAIR H100 - CORSAIR DDR3 1600MHZ 16GB - CORSAIR AX 1200W - CORSAIR 800D CASE - EIZO S 2431 W - 2 x CRUCIAL 256 SSD 6GB/s- 2 x 2TB CAVIAR BLACK - W7 64

Andrey
Site Admin

Post by Andrey » 02 Dec 2009, 01:11

mangotango wrote:
Alex it looks absolutely fantastic!!! Great job!!!
Did you notice moving lamp wires ? lol
Super video! never saw something like this!
Thank you for kind words!

Andrey
We are at facebook: facebook.com/sibwings

mangotango

Post by mangotango » 03 Dec 2009, 15:30

I can only tell that it becomes very hard to wait for this baby!!! It looks soo amazing that I wanna have it immediately!!!
You have a fantastic texture artist!!!!!!!!!!
ASUS P9X79 Deluxe - INTEL CORE i7 3630K - 2 x EVGA GTX 680 (SLI) - CORSAIR H100 - CORSAIR DDR3 1600MHZ 16GB - CORSAIR AX 1200W - CORSAIR 800D CASE - EIZO S 2431 W - 2 x CRUCIAL 256 SSD 6GB/s- 2 x 2TB CAVIAR BLACK - W7 64

chet two wolves

Post by chet two wolves » 08 Dec 2009, 19:09

Hello Friends.Will the bird dog be out before the first of the year.The bird dog looks outstanding.My dad flew the bird dog for the civil air patrol.threw the sixtys.early seventys.Keep up the outstanding work.Chet Two Wolves.

chet two wolves

Post by chet two wolves » 18 Dec 2009, 17:15

Dear Freinds.Will the bird dog be out before christmas.Because after the holidays.People will have spent All There money on christmas.Good try.he...he...I wish you all a merry christmas and a happy new year. :smt006

Mia
Site Admin

Post by Mia » 25 Dec 2009, 04:42

Inna

SW-lab team

SGTMAJOR

Post by SGTMAJOR » 25 Dec 2009, 11:22

Thanks folks......Christmas just got a little better. (smile) Also.... Thanks for the mention in your user guide.... what a pleasent surprise!!

Haven't got to fully check everything out as it's getting pretty late here in the U.S. but I did manage to get a 30 min. flight in. Guess what I'll be doing tomorrow....(smile)

Once again....... Many Thanks for your very hard and dedicated work bringing us flightsim fanatics such a beautiful aircraft!! Guess I'll have to park the old Saab for a few days. (smile)

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and your families!!

Cheers,
Steve R.
SgtMajor, USMC, (Retired)