Painting poser.

Everything concerning Cessna O-1/L-19 Bird Dog is discussed here.
Ron Attwood

Painting poser.

Post by Ron Attwood » 21 Mar 2013, 23:10

OK, I give up! Just how do you get to add a colour layer on the Bird Dog and still have the under lying detail show through? I've tried Multiplying,(that simply makes the colour darker, although you can see the detail) altering the obscurity (that washes out the colour) and all manner of layer options. All I can get is a solid colour over the base layer.
I'm using Photoshop CS2 and the supplied Sibwings BirdDog paint kit.
Someone please point me in the right direction while I still have some hair left!
Computer: Black box with a bunch of electrical looking stuff inside. Lots of fans and blue lights and it sits there humming away gently and lets me play games on it.

Andrey
Site Admin

Re: Painting poser.

Post by Andrey » 25 Mar 2013, 18:03

Hello Ron! There are a lot of ways, most easy that I can offer is create new layer above all with "copying merged" then change its color with Ctrl+B... This is most obvious way, but there are thousand of them.. create masks, create mixing combination. Not easy on start, but if you'll like it there is no any impossible thing. Hope that helps.

Andrey
We are at facebook: facebook.com/sibwings

Ron Attwood

Post by Ron Attwood » 26 Mar 2013, 02:08

Hi Andrey, normally I would create a new layer and make it 'Multiply' but that doesn't seem to work on th BD. Hey ho,.
Computer: Black box with a bunch of electrical looking stuff inside. Lots of fans and blue lights and it sits there humming away gently and lets me play games on it.

Andrey
Site Admin

Post by Andrey » 26 Mar 2013, 22:03

Try something else, "Color" or "Hard light"..
We are at facebook: facebook.com/sibwings

Ron Attwood

Post by Ron Attwood » 27 Mar 2013, 04:28

:grin: Hard Light did it! I would NEVER have guessed that one. :? Cheers Andrey.