What will happen when Sibwings no longer exists?

Everything concerning FS and Aviation in general, and SAAB 91 Safir in particular is discussed here.
einmot-flieger

What will happen when Sibwings no longer exists?

Post by einmot-flieger » 29 Jul 2008, 19:31

One thing that bothers me really is the question qhat will happen to us customers when the day comes that we want to reactivate our legally bought Safir and Sibwings does not longer exist. How can we use our legally bought software then?

The Safir is one of the greatest addons I own, but currently I am going to clean up my flight simulator installation of every addon that requires online activation. So great addon or not, the Safir requires online activation and thus it will be deinstalled soon. I don't want to be depentand any longer from the goodwill of the developers, just because of the uncertainty about what happens to the addons that require this stupid and paranoid online activation (not only Sibwings, other think they must use a similar activation process, too).

So, again, what will happen when I want to reactivate my Safir one day and Sibwings does not longer exist? If it is the case that I will not longer be able to use the Safir any more, I must definitively call this fraud, a crime that is punished here in germany with high fines or even prison up to five years. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to call the guys of Sibwings criminals, but I am very concerned about what will happen to my property.

einmot-flieger

Re: What will happen when Sibwings no longer exists?

Post by einmot-flieger » 01 Aug 2008, 08:34

Ok, as I see in the admins profiles that at least one of them has visited the forum since I posted this threat, I know how to interpret that I get no answer. No answer is also an answer.

:roll:

20 Euros to learn the hard way. Bye.

jankees

Post by jankees » 04 Aug 2008, 08:39

mmm, I do not understand? If you like the product, enjoy it. Make a copy on a CD of the activated aircraft, and you're fine until the next ice age. Why throw something that you like away like that??

einmot-flieger

Post by einmot-flieger » 04 Aug 2008, 08:49

jankees wrote:mmm, I do not understand? If you like the product, enjoy it. Make a copy on a CD of the activated aircraft, and you're fine until the next ice age.
Wrong. Just do a reinstall of your operating system (Windows) and your CD is worthless. The Safir requires a reactivation after the os has been reinstalled. And as we all know, Windows tends to mesh up with time and a complete reinstall of the system makes it run smooth again. So I have to reactivate the Safir every time I do a fresh, clean install of my computer. So now tell me what will happen to my Safir when Sibwings does not longer exist? How can I then reactivate my legally bought copy of the plane? Right, I can't reactivate the Safir. And exactly that annoys me so much that I rather deinstall and forget the Safir than enjoy her.

jankees

Post by jankees » 04 Aug 2008, 18:16

So you're already annoyed about something that may never happen?
Ok, it's your life..
Me, I'm waiting for the FSX version...any news?

einmot-flieger

Post by einmot-flieger » 05 Aug 2008, 22:01

jankees wrote:So you're already annoyed about something that may never happen?
Maybe it won't happen, maybe it will. Nobody knows. But exactly that was my question. What the situation is WHEN IT WILL HAPPEN! In my question, I asume that Sibwings won't exist any longer.

But as no Sibwings member seems to consider it necessary to give an answer to my initial question, I estimate my question is unpleasing to them as I expose a flaw in their business model which is obviously very customer-unfriendly and where is no way to answer my question without admitting that their reactivation system won't work any longer when they give up business. If they would answer my question they would have to take a stand and admit that all customers would not be able to use their legally bought software any longer, which would cast a very bad light on them. And it would of course cost several customers. So better keep silent and draw the curtain over the truth. :evil:

Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex » 05 Aug 2008, 22:30

Hi,

We really apologize for such a delay with replaying to your message on out forum.
As a rule we replay to reactivation request ( via email ) promptly.

In case Sibwings one day disappire all our products will be available for free at avsim.com or other online file library.

So please do not worry about future reactivation.
Alex Petrochenko
SibWings developer

Dieter

Post by Dieter » 08 Aug 2008, 20:07

Thank you very much indeed for this important statement!
Greetings

Dieter

davenicoll

Post by davenicoll » 01 Dec 2008, 20:12

MMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm...

Just read this thread....lets create a problem where one doesn't exist...oh and while were at it I will cut of my nose to spite my face springs to mind....

Enjoy this little baby...at least you can...us FS2004 stalwarts are waiting for her to be re released....

Lets hope soon...

Dave

VH-MAL

Post by VH-MAL » 02 Dec 2008, 01:47

I'm with Dave - looking forward to the FS2004 release. We would like to know when it will happen, as it seems no-one wants to tell us.

Can someone please let us know when we can eventually get our hands on this wonderful aircraft? I have asked this question several times now - see 'FS2004 Purchase' for my questions there also.

Looking forward to a reply.

Malcolm