Very Strange...

Everything concerning FS and Aviation in general, and SAAB 91 Safir in particular is discussed here.
per

Very Strange...

Post by per » 19 Mar 2008, 19:35

I wrote about my problems with getting the engine started after complete shutdown some time ago... and 42 persons has read it, so far... And nobody seems to have any answer to my question,(???) does that mean that it is impossible to start the engine after shut down???, or??? Am I the only one with this problem, and IF thats the case, how come no one wants to help me???...strange, because i find it hard to belive that I should save my flight after everytime I have parked the aircraft... just to be able to start again after that. I dont know of any other plane I have ever flown/ownd that has that litte "special" thing... I have the Carenado Cessnas/Piper, and I can jump in and out of the cockpit 100 times a day, and they all do start nicley after everytime I have parked them... So why not the beautiful Safir??? Why cant someone just tell me HOW to do/fix this???...
Regards
Per

hugo

Re: Very Strange...

Post by hugo » 19 Mar 2008, 23:13

Hi Per,

Sorry that nobody seems to help you. I want to give it a try. Could you sent me your saved flight (on a default airport) with the engine shut down? Or maybe even better (because it could be that it would be save more flight parameters, allow all), make a record with "FS Recorder" of the short flight and shut the engine down and sent me the recording. if you don't have it, you can download it here: http://www.fs-recorder.net/

Regards and keep the engine running (at the moment ;-) )

Hugo ( h dot marien at telenet dot be )

Voyager30

Re: Very Strange...

Post by Voyager30 » 20 Mar 2008, 01:02

Hi Per

What kind of procedure do you use when you shut the engine down - and most important of all which one of the safir models do have the problem ?
Is it the B-, C- or D- model or maybe HB-DBL?

One or two things i can imagine is that you need to prime the engine or that the mixture levere is LEAN position.
The mixture lever can be hard to see under the throttle quadrant for example.

Regards

Gerth