WHERE IS THE FSX SAFIR????

Everything concerning FS and Aviation in general, and SAAB 91 Safir in particular is discussed here.
Demolitionman

WHERE IS THE FSX SAFIR????

Post by Demolitionman » 29 Feb 2008, 23:37

Hi guys
Well, it's been well over a year since FSX came out, and also well over a year since sibwings has been promising the FSX update for the Safir.

The Safir came out pretty much at the end of the FS9 development cycle, and I only bought it because I thought I'd be able to use it in FSX.

I realize you've been very busy with other things(like the TwinOtter for Aerosoft for example),but at the moment it looks like the Safir has been put on the back burner, in the absence of any news here in the last weeks and months....(the last news being from November last year, as far as I can see)

All the excuses are used up, the SDK's have been available for months, SP1 and SP2 are finished: What's up?

I can't help having the feeling that the Safir was deliberately abandoned temporarily to devote the time needed to projects like the Aerosoft TwinOtter (which I also have btw, my compliments on a fine job done :-))

I realize you have to earn a living, but I'd like to question the morality of abandoning promised FSX updates to go and start new projects for other people, although you're not the only developer who's dragging their feet with FSX updates: I've been waiting over a year for other updates from Lionheart Creations and FSD for example, although funnily enough, developers like F1 and Real Air Simulations have delivered the goods...

Regards
Grahame

Andrey
Site Admin

Re: WHERE IS THE FSX SAFIR????

Post by Andrey » 01 Mar 2008, 19:01

Hello Grahame, hello everyone reading.

Like most people I do not like to justifier, besides critics are
absolutely corrects... but I'll try :)

We are living in material world, so sometimes money means a lot.
If someone think we build a tons of $ on Safir and now spend that
money - unfortunately this isn't true :(
Money was the main reason we was working on P-51 for MS and
Twotter for Aerosoft, you know, besides that was good school
of FSX development.

One more aspect of this delay is that we didn't want to make update
just putting fs9 mdls into fsx, on this way we was faced with the
problems of gmax-3dsmax converting, parts reAnimation, reCoding,
bumps, reflection maps.. etc, so task wasn't so easy we expect.

Work in progress, but not finished. We are doing our best to done it
in nearest mouth.

Some good news to finish my justification - I'll show you some totally
secret screens of the projects we are working on ;) All of them will
be under "SibWings" label (maybe bit more time to develop, but top-quality for sure).

FSX Saab 91 "Safir"

FSX Cessna O-1 "Bird Dog"

FSX Cessna 177 "Cardinal"

FSX Pitts Special - more news after Safir release.

Thank you for patience!

Andrey Tsvirenko
SibWings team.
We are at facebook: facebook.com/sibwings

Demolitionman

Post by Demolitionman » 01 Mar 2008, 19:11

Nice to hear some good news! The Safir looks very sweet, as do the others.
But my main interest is for the Safir, any time-frame for the release yet?

Regards
Grahame

Andrey
Site Admin

Post by Andrey » 01 Mar 2008, 19:16

Demolitionman wrote: But my main interest is for the Safir, any time-frame for the release yet?
As soos as it will be ready ;) hard to say... I hope it's around mounth or two, but no idea what problems we'll be faced.

Andrey

Brian W Keske

Post by Brian W Keske » 02 Mar 2008, 19:35

Very good news Andrey, I was starting to believe we wouldn't get the Safir for FSX myself. Glad to see I was mistaken.

Looking forward to this release. 8)

Dag

Post by Dag » 06 Mar 2008, 18:48

Hi Andrey and crew,

That Birddog looks amazing, our air force had them some years ago. Excellent work and take your time....

Best
Dag

Epikk

Post by Epikk » 07 Mar 2008, 12:12

Beautiful !
Good luck to you guys ! :D

Knorren

Post by Knorren » 10 Mar 2008, 10:45

Sounds good!
I really want to fly KVZ in the virtual world again but up till now I only can fly her for real 8)

Rimshot

Post by Rimshot » 14 Mar 2008, 17:42

Great to read you guys are still in serious business. The news of a SibWings Cardinal made my day! 8) :-D

Kofi

Post by Kofi » 15 Mar 2008, 20:34

I'm definitely looking forward to the Pitts :D

Andrey
Site Admin

Post by Andrey » 15 Mar 2008, 21:26

Kofi wrote:I'm definitely looking forward to the Pitts :D
Hello Kofi !

Btw talking about Pitts we got GREAT blueprints for that project, so hopely model will be pretty accurate and will not take a lot of time.

Andrey

SGTMAJOR

Post by SGTMAJOR » 16 Mar 2008, 09:25

Hello Andrey,

I haven't been in here for a while.... but your screenshot brings a smile to my face and a tear to my eye!! What a beautiful aircraft in FSX..... and as always..... even by your screenshots I can tell you will once again raise the bar in the modeling world! WOW!!!

Many best wishes always,

Andrey
Site Admin

Post by Andrey » 16 Mar 2008, 15:44

SGTMAJOR wrote:Hello Andrey,

I haven't been in here for a while.... but your screenshot brings a smile to my face and a tear to my eye!! What a beautiful aircraft in FSX..... and as always..... even by your screenshots I can tell you will once again raise the bar in the modeling world! WOW!!!

Many best wishes always,

As for Pitts, guys, it's not a screen its real-plane photo ;) :)

david_wi

Post by david_wi » 22 Mar 2008, 17:23

Hi Guys

Just liked to say that most developers had the FSX conversion finished long time ago. ;-)
I think that SibWings could make a FSX update,just to make it fly normally and then make a new one.
Making it for SP1 or SP2 is a different story.
I also bought this plane with the anticipation for a FSX version.
But,I will wait to see what comes up soon.

Bye,

David

Demolitionman

Post by Demolitionman » 22 Mar 2008, 21:17

Well, it's nice to see a reply addressing the original question: When will we have an FSX version of the Safir, which was promised well over a year ago. Most of the replies up until now have been fanboys getting excited about screenshots showing future projects (which I rather suspect was the reason for them being posted), instead of sticking to the actual topic.

I think it'd be nice if SibWings finished the projects that they promised over a year ago, before going onto other things....

As someone else suggested here, they could first of all release a "compatibility" update to tide us over till they have the re-worked version finished. On the other hand, it's really a bit late for that, if they'd wanted to go down that road, they should've done it a year ago.

I'm slowly getting the feeling that the FSX version of the Safir will remain vapourware, which is a shame. Maybe SibWings will get their act together in time for FS 11?? I'm not holding my breath....

Regards
Grahame

snave

Post by snave » 24 Mar 2008, 00:48

david_wi wrote:Hi Guys

Just liked to say that most developers had the FSX conversion finished long time ago. ;-)
I think that SibWings could make a FSX update,just to make it fly normally and then make a new one.
Making it for SP1 or SP2 is a different story.
I also bought this plane with the anticipation for a FSX version.
But,I will wait to see what comes up soon.

Bye,

David
When this product was released there was NO FSX, so you're suffering from a cranial/rectal inversion there, David. Only the BOX version was ever promised with FSX compatiblity, so if you own any version now it will be the download version/ And therefore your argument is specious.

As fopr the rest of the delay, you answer your own question: SP1 and SP2/Acceleration introduced changes. The Sibwings team were extraordinarily well placed to know about those changes. The fact that they haven't yet been able to interpolate those changes to provide the FSX version you want, but haven't paid for, is testimony to the changes that those patches wrought...
Simon Evans