Concerning the upcoming D-EBED (Lufthansa) model...

Everything concerning FS and Aviation in general, and SAAB 91 Safir in particular is discussed here.
Sebastian

Concerning the upcoming D-EBED (Lufthansa) model...

Post by Sebastian » 11 Jun 2007, 15:56

About two weeks ago I recieved an e-mail telling me something like I was in the beta team, etc.. I thought of a joke, but after some hours a second e-mail arrived: wrong button would have been pushed, but it would be true, the release of the new D-EBED model would be near.

After spending some time here in the forum I cannot find any hints concerning a model-upgrade.

What will this model be like, what is the difference towards the other models in the package?

Will there be a custom VC?

Will it be an upgrade for owners of the FS9-version or will it be a special of an upcoming FSX-upgrade?
Greetings from the Ruhrgebiet, Germany

Sebastian

Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex » 13 Jun 2007, 13:23

Hello Sebastian,

D-EBED modification will be available only for FS9 now.
This is a fully different model like the other four Safir models :) (with a different VC and a panel)

Now it's in prebeta stage..

When it is in beta we'll post more information ( screeenshots, video ) ..
Alex Petrochenko
SibWings developer

Sebastian

Post by Sebastian » 13 Jun 2007, 13:52

Thank you for the answer.

Any chance to become a member of the beta-testing team?

Sebastian

rpiereck

Post by rpiereck » 14 Jun 2007, 13:03

Same here, I received the same email and clicked on the link, only to end up in a post that didn't exist... I'd be honored to be part of the beta testing team, as the email said.
-- Renato Piereck

Sebastian

Post by Sebastian » 14 Jun 2007, 14:55

rpiereck wrote:I'd be honored to be part of the beta testing team, as the email said.
Exactly!

I would call myself an experienced enough flightsimmer, I fly since the very first flightsims in the 80s.

The Sibwings safir project is something I can do identificate with in a very special way, because it represents an outstanding combination of several modules (superb vc with perfect gauges and fluid animations, incredible textures on the model, a high sophisticated flight model and - to me a very determinating point: The fantastic performance on my notebook). I have never seen these things in combination within other addons.

Even though the e-mail concerning the beta-team was a missunderstanding I would like to apply for the job as a beta-tester.

Sebastian

Hakan_Olsson

Post by Hakan_Olsson » 14 Jun 2007, 19:30

Not even real world Safir pilots like myself are qualified for beta-testing.
Don't have any high hopes boys !

Sebastian

Post by Sebastian » 16 Jun 2007, 04:13

Hakan_Olsson wrote:Not even real world Safir pilots like myself are qualified for beta-testing.
I have already read some serious comments from you. You mentioned things still with space for improvments and you can count on your own real-safir-flight-experience - I really don`t know what better beta-tester one could imagine!

My personal real-flight experience is rather limited as cessnas aren`t really comparable with safirs... ;) but I think my longstanding experiences from many different flight sims would qualify me, too.

If this was not the right place to apply for this kind of membership an admin would please kindly contact me respectively us.

Sebastian