FSX update news

Everything concerning FS and Aviation in general, and SAAB 91 Safir in particular is discussed here.
SGTMAJOR

Post by SGTMAJOR » 19 Dec 2007, 23:03

Hello Alex,

Just a quick note to wish everyone here at SW-lab a "Happy Holiday" season.

Also..... looking forward to an FSX version of this fine aircraft. I hadn't flown the SAAB-91 much in the past several months, however, I took it out for a short night flight last evening.

Even now I'm still amazed at what a fine aircraft this is and believe it to be the finest "add-on" aircraft I own. (Trust me when I say I own a BUNCH.... :oops: I've been simming since FS3 and have collected a nice hanger full of aircraft over the years)

Anyway... didn't mean to write a book.... but am looking very forward to the update.... AND anything else SW-lab puts out there.

Best wishes and again, "Happy Holidays"
Steve

denez

Post by denez » 18 Jan 2008, 00:13

So, happy new year !
What are the last news about our lovely Safir under FSX ?
Thanks !

pj_3

Re: FSX update news

Post by pj_3 » 21 Apr 2008, 01:59

Well... The last post was (denez) January 18th, 2008. It's now April 20th. I made a mental that whoever is running this operation hasn't even the manners to reply to him/her. I expect that when - and even if - an FSX version is released one can guess where my money will remain...

Guys - it takes a whole lot more than good abilities in programming, originality, imagination and inventiveness to be successful in business.

Paul Johnson

Ontario, Canada
Paul J

Water-cooled i7-2600K@4.8gig, ASUS P8P67 B3 DeLuxe; EVGA GTX580; 8gig Corsair Vengeance C8@1600; Win 7-64; TH2G w/3x19" Viewsonic VA926; Homebuilt airliner-style yoke and pedals; 6-pack throttle quadrant; TrackIR5 & EZCA; No blurries.[/font][/size]

snave

Post by snave » 21 Apr 2008, 21:50

Well Paul, if you invested in FSX you have already invested in these people, so your attitude is hardly borne out by your actions.

Guys - it takes a whole lot more than mere money, impatience, intolerance, belligerence, intransigence and irritability to be a successful customer. You would do well to remember that this project is NOT a commercial project in the sense of the likely return on the investment and these guys have day jobs like the rest of us... it just happens that their day jobs involve MS and othr commercial developers on a more direct level than most, and frankly I can fully understand where the priorities lie.

Even if some of you cannot.

I don't feel abandoned or betrayed. Just disappointed that a bunch of arrogant, petulant brats are allowed to post in forums without being taken across daddys knee and given a resounding thrashing.
Simon Evans

denez

Post by denez » 22 Apr 2008, 00:13

Snave, i'm happy that my english is too poor to understand all of your words, but i must say that i laughed a lot with "the mental/rectal inversion". Oh my God ! But aren't you using what you're criticising ?! :smt003

"Him/her", Him, Paul, with big beard ! ;-)
Don't worry, Alex sent to me a private mail about FSX news update, euh yes, mostly because the forum was out of service that day ! If they don't answer, it's maybe i asked too often about news ? ! !

Keep cool, guys ! :grin:

For quick readers, don't forget to check the nice pics from :
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=435

Euh, by the way, Mia, Alex, some news about the FSX safir ? !!!

pj_3

Post by pj_3 » 22 Apr 2008, 06:17

1). Mr Evans - "if you invested in FSX you have already invested in these people, so your attitude is hardly borne out by your actions."

Somehow you expect me to know that "these people" work for Microsoft??? .. and that my "attitude", based on that impossible premise - should govern my future actions???

2). "You would do well to remember that this project is NOT a commercial project".. ??? I do beg your pardon: I must be misinformed. Could I have my money back, then, please??

3). "frankly I can fully understand where their (you miss-spelled "their") priorities lie". Then they have a decision to make, don't they?. Their (pseudo-commercial) customers ought to take priority. It's #1 rule in business. Take care of the customer. If they have jobs (that I'm not aware of - and shouldn't be aware of) then they need to a). work more efficiently, b) farm out the additional work, c). don't make forecasts such as "the next few months". Others have done it and paid the price in far more scathing posts than mine I can assure you.

4). "a bunch of arrogant, petulant brats are allowed to post in forums without being taken across daddys knee and given a resounding thrashing." This sounds rather a thinly-veiled personal attack and has no place in a public forum such as this.
At sixty-three years of age I possess, perhaps, the wisdom to suggest you might take your own advice.

Oh - yes - for what it's worth - my father was killed at the end of World War II.
Paul J

Water-cooled i7-2600K@4.8gig, ASUS P8P67 B3 DeLuxe; EVGA GTX580; 8gig Corsair Vengeance C8@1600; Win 7-64; TH2G w/3x19" Viewsonic VA926; Homebuilt airliner-style yoke and pedals; 6-pack throttle quadrant; TrackIR5 & EZCA; No blurries.[/font][/size]

snave

Post by snave » 01 May 2008, 02:27

At sixty-three years of age I possess, perhaps, the wisdom to suggest you might take your own advice.
But clearly, not yet the perspicacity to do so for yourself...

By `commercial` I utilise the term both colloquially and in its most commonly understood sense, to imply inherent remuneration for the labour to a level that reflects `success` in financial terms. Again clearly - to anyone with eyes to see - the Saab Safir is NEVER going to be one of those aircraft. I doubt you had even heard of this aircraft prior to its release for FS9. To keep the `wolf from the door` the developers undertake other projects that, presumably, accord them the opportunity to receive appropriate compensation for their efforts - rather than the condemnation of ingrates such as yourself who seem to think that they are somehow `owed` something for FSX.
You are not.

As an alternative, `commercial` may also be taken - under basic economic terms - to imply a transaction founded on offer, acceptance and remuneration. I was not aware that you, or any of your ilk, have been `offered` anything? And `customers taking priority` is NOT the number one rule in business. Never has been; never will be.

You bought an FS2004 package.
Well done to you.
NOWHERE in that `offer, acceptance or remuneration` commercial addon is there any implied promise that an FSX product would be supplied...

So you must carry on waiting, like the rest of us.
Simon Evans

jankees

Post by jankees » 31 Aug 2008, 21:15

Just curious about progress? I made the jump to FSX, but I am missing one little aircraft...

Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex » 31 Aug 2008, 23:49

Will be released soon.
In beta testing now.
Alex Petrochenko
SibWings developer

jankees

Post by jankees » 05 Oct 2008, 02:38

Alex wrote:Will be released soon.
In beta testing now.
and? how are the test results?

jankees

Post by jankees » 12 Oct 2008, 23:31

jankees wrote:
Alex wrote:Will be released soon.
In beta testing now.
and? how are the test results?
None?

Voyager30

Post by Voyager30 » 13 Oct 2008, 09:05

Hi Jankees

Beta testing is progressing good, we are for the moment dealing with the Beta4 package, and are now into fine tuning after sorting out the big bits and pieces.
This is a completely new model pack so almost everything need to be tested out and verified again so be please be patient
But when to be released? - not for me to say it will come from the developers when they feel ready and happy with the product - but I assure you that the wait will be worth it.

And from my point of view - this will really be a gem for FSX when released.

Regards

Gerth

SGTMAJOR

Post by SGTMAJOR » 17 Oct 2008, 06:15

Voyager30 wrote: And from my point of view - this will really be a gem for FSX when released.

Regards
Gerth

Many Thanks for the update Gerth....... however, From my point of view, it's hard to make an already perfect diamond MORE brillant....... but I'll take your word for it. :grin: :grin:

Best wishes,
Steve

Voyager30

Post by Voyager30 » 17 Oct 2008, 14:41

Small minor tweaks can polish a little, little bit more :grin:

Mia
Site Admin

Post by Mia » 04 Nov 2008, 20:20

Hello guys!

We've got good news! SAAB 91 Safir for FSX is finally released! :grin:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=467

Everything concerning Safir X is discussed in SAAB Safir X section now.

Thank you for your patience! Hope you will enjoy flying Safir X!

Cheers!

SW-lab team