D-EBED Complete and Submitted

Everything concerning FS and Aviation in general, and SAAB 91 Safir in particular is discussed here.
SGTMAJOR

D-EBED Complete and Submitted

Post by SGTMAJOR » 05 Oct 2006, 19:37

Hello all,

I've completed my first repaint and have sent it off to Alex. Hope everyone will enjoy the repaint as much as I did making it. I have much yet to learn.... so be kind. (smile)

Best wishes,
Steve

I changed the instrument panel at the last minute to better reflect what the real aircraft Radio Call Tag looks like. Yes... I know it's not in the correct location..... but this allowed a little more room and a slightly larger (more readable) font size.

DrZGard

Post by DrZGard » 05 Oct 2006, 20:11

Nice job, I look forward to flying it around ;).
Regards,

Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex » 05 Oct 2006, 22:30

Will be published tomorrow !
Alex Petrochenko
SibWings developer

Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex » 07 Oct 2006, 15:09

posted!
Alex Petrochenko
SibWings developer

Bill

Post by Bill » 08 Oct 2006, 09:24

:-D :-D :-D Beautiful Job, STEVE
Attachments
Luf_D-EBED.jpeg
Luf_D-EBED.jpeg (111.33 KiB) Viewed 4053 times

SGTMAJOR

Post by SGTMAJOR » 08 Oct 2006, 10:11

Many Thanks Bill.... Glad you're enjoying it!

Best wishes,
Steve

Andrey
Site Admin

Post by Andrey » 08 Oct 2006, 10:23

I see small shortcoming on the landing lamp :smt025

;)

Andrey
We are at facebook: facebook.com/sibwings

SGTMAJOR

Post by SGTMAJOR » 08 Oct 2006, 12:52

Andrey,

I'm not sure if I understand. :oops: Could you maybe post a screenshot?

I'm departing tomorrow evening for a business trip.... but will gladly correct (or try to correct) anything that needs fixing...however, it may have to wait until next Friday when I return. Sorry!

Best wishes & Take Care,
Steve

DrZGard

Post by DrZGard » 08 Oct 2006, 18:53

Hi Steve,

I think what Audrey spotted is that there is no blue on the landing light mounting, it is the same as the wing color. I'm loving flying this repaint... it is my favorite so far ;).
Regards,

Andrey
Site Admin

Post by Andrey » 08 Oct 2006, 19:58

DrZGard wrote:Hi Steve,

I think what Audrey spotted is that there is no blue on the landing light mounting, it is the same as the wing color..
Exactly :)

Andrey
We are at facebook: facebook.com/sibwings

SGTMAJOR

Post by SGTMAJOR » 08 Oct 2006, 20:12

Ahh.... okay. Well.... I also see another item that I had intended AND thought I fixed.... but I must have copied over my fixed texture sheet.

I have a little time before I depart today so I'll make an updated texture sheet with those items corrected and get it sent off to Alex.

Thanks!!
Steve

SGTMAJOR

Post by SGTMAJOR » 09 Oct 2006, 01:34

Thanks Zane,

Glad you're enjoying the repaint. I sent you an e-mail.... just in case you see this one first. (smile)

Best wishes,
Steve

SGTMAJOR

Post by SGTMAJOR » 10 Oct 2006, 01:43

Quick note: I have the replacement textures corrected (Landing Lite Housing) along with the texture for the Fuel Point (Some how I deleted that from the final submission...... and also went back in and redid the wing printing to make it somewhat more readable.

However, with that said, I won't be able to get that sent off to Alex until Thursday evening as I'm on a business trip. So.... put the craft in the shop for a little maint. and I'll get the update sent out first thing when I walk in the door Thursday. Well....er..... I may say hello to the family as I walk to my office.... but it will be sent shortly there after. (smile)

Best wishes,
Steve

alehead

Post by alehead » 11 Oct 2006, 17:44

Hi,

nice to see someone has taken a shot at doing D-EBED. I saw some pictures in a Classic Aircraft magazine in Germany recently, showing D-EBED as an accompanying aircraft to the recently repainted (apparently) oldest flying Me108 Taifun...

A few things strike me as being different on the Sibwings version:
1: D-EBED has a twin-bladed prop, not three blades, and has no prop cone
2: The registration number font is more rounded in real life
3: You're probably right about the "NICHT BETRETEN" signs in place of "NO STEP", as other surface such as the tailplane have "NICHT SCHIEBEN" printed...

I hate being picky, and lay myself open to "well, if you're so clever, do it yourself" responses. I assure you, I had a serious look, but wasn't sure where to start. I have the utmost respect for any of the development team members, be they programmers, modellers, repainters, or whatever.

Thanks to Steve for doing this repaint, though. It does look great, and it is a classic Safir...

Andrew

SGTMAJOR

Post by SGTMAJOR » 11 Oct 2006, 18:38

Thanks Andrew for your comments. If you will notice in the instructions on the front page I pointed out that I redid the aircraft in a "D" version instead of the "B" model which the original is. Sorry.... I just like flying without the helmet...(smile)...... also I've found the Paintkit which is all in the same - will texture better for me and the paint program I use - to the "D" instead of the other models.

Example: I am currently working on an Italian repaint off and on.... which is a "C" model. However, I keep finding strange spots showing up using the paintkit that I can't seem to figure out where they are coming from. Pity actually as the aircraft is almost complete except for a couple of areas.

Additionally, I had very limited pictures to work with from Airliners.net so didn't have any close up's etc., etc. of wording or markings.... just basically a side or front shot or two.

If you happen to have some good photos of D-EBED.... please post them and I'll do my best to make the aircraft as accurate as possible.

Many Best Wishes,
Steve

P.S. I'm not part of... or affiliated with SW-Lab in anyway..... so please don't look at any inaccurates in my painting as part of their WONDERFUL aircraft release. I'm just and old retired guy that does this stuff for a hobby in hopes someone else may enjoy it. Thanks!! (Smile)
Last edited by SGTMAJOR on 11 Oct 2006, 18:47, edited 1 time in total.

alehead

Post by alehead » 11 Oct 2006, 18:45

Hey Steve, thanks for the reply...

Here is a really useful site with more usable pics of D-EBED...

http://www.flugzeugbilder.de/search4.cg ... reg&srng=2

I am having a look at a repaint, seeing if I can do anything with the vague photoshop skills acquired over the years of working as a photographer here and there...

Digital art has never been a strongpoint though...

As regards the font for D-EBED, it looks like a form of narrow lined arial...

Andrew

SGTMAJOR

Post by SGTMAJOR » 13 Oct 2006, 07:40

Hello all,

Just returned home from a Business trip and will be heading out again in a few days.

I've sent Alex the updated file for D-EBED. Fixed the lite housing and a few other items I seemed to miss the first go round.

alehead - I did change the font of the fuselage to a more rounded font so hope it will look better.

Enjoy!! I have another repaint in the works so hope to get it completed and posted before I depart Sunday. I'll try to post a few screenshots in the next day or two.

Many Thanks for the PM's and e-mail's from those enjoying my repaint. I truly do appreciate it.

Best wishes,
Steve

franco

Post by franco » 20 Oct 2006, 14:48

In proximity of a VOR , I put the frequence in NAV1 (the Safir battery is ON, of course ) but the VOR gauge doesn't work. Same for ADF . May be some other action have to be made to have these ones working?

Thanx

Franco

Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex » 20 Oct 2006, 22:11

franco wrote:In proximity of a VOR , I put the frequence in NAV1 (the Safir battery is ON, of course ) but the VOR gauge doesn't work. Same for ADF . May be some other action have to be made to have these ones working?
Thanx
Franco
Be sure that NAV and ADF CB (circuit breaker) is in a normal position.
Alex Petrochenko
SibWings developer