Request for (partly) new panel

Everything concerning FS and Aviation in general, and SAAB 91 Safir in particular is discussed here.
SuredT

Request for (partly) new panel

Post by SuredT » 03 Oct 2006, 22:38

Hello SW labs developers,

You have made a fantastic, superb, outstanding 3D panel for the Safir, especially in the night mode.
However there is no way of flying IFR/ILS approaches in the present panel layouts.

Therefore I request a (partial) new panel layout for flying night flying and/or IFR (ILS) approaches.

If you think "that's not authentic", think about the Safir's delivered to the Rijksluchtvaart School in the Netherlands. (and maybe also Lufthansa, but I don't know anything about those Safir's)
Those Safir 91D's had a panel layout with an ILS/VOR instrument.

Would you consider this for a next upgrade please?

Regards, Sjoerd

Bill Womack

Post by Bill Womack » 04 Oct 2006, 00:15

The HB-DBL model has a VOR receiver, so that might be what you're looking for. However, at the moment the CDI still swings the wrong way, so you have to factor that in when flying.
Bill Womack
Visit my FS Blog!

SuredT

Post by SuredT » 04 Oct 2006, 03:51

Hello Bill,

I know the HB-DBL has a VOR receiver, but I really would like to practise raw data ILS approaches without Autopilot with this beautiful 3D animated instrument panel of the Safir 91D.

Look at this panel and compare it with the SF3 panel:

and you see that you only have to move the altimeter to the right of the horizon and put the ILS/VOR instrument on the former spot of the altimeter.
You can then put the turn and slip instrument where it is on the photo.
However you also have to move the ADF receiver to the right instr panel and put the radio/nav receiver from the right instr panel on the former spot of the ADF. You can really use the radio in this layout, because in the present postion way down below it is useless in the SF3.

Then one more change and that is the suction meter. It is the very small instrument left of the ILS/VOR instrument.

In this way you don't need the right instr panel anymore to fly VOR beams and ILS approaches.

Of course it is no small change of layout, but why have a beautiful lighted instrument panel and one can only fly at night in VFR conditions.
With my panel suggestion one can track VOR beams without having to look constantly to the right instr panel (as on the HB-DBL) and can have real ILS approach practice.

Just some thoughts for the future and to make the Sibwings Safir even better.

Sjoerd