D-EBED [Preview]

Everything concerning FS and Aviation in general, and SAAB 91 Safir in particular is discussed here.
SGTMAJOR

D-EBED [Preview]

Post by SGTMAJOR » 03 Oct 2006, 08:59

Yes... I am still working on the Italian 91-C, however, due to some frustrating areas...(smile)... I needed a break tonight!

Anyway..... hope to have both knocked out this week.

I could use some help/advice with the German Registration Numbers. Are they also painted on the wing(s)??? I can't tell from the photo. Many Thanks.

A few minor cosmetic "fixes" and I hope to get this packaged up.
Last edited by SGTMAJOR on 03 Oct 2006, 11:16, edited 1 time in total.

Jure

Post by Jure » 03 Oct 2006, 09:16

Hi Steve!

Wow, another beautiful repaint! I really like the elegant lines of the Lufthansa livery and you captured it perfectly. Can't wait to try it... great work! :)

As for your question, yes, there is the registration painted on the underside of the left wing. Please look here:

You can just make it out
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0696797/L

Much more visible here, although it's another aircraft:
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0209809/L

Regards,
Jure

SGTMAJOR

Post by SGTMAJOR » 03 Oct 2006, 09:39

Well Thank You for your kind comments. I'm afraid I have a LONG way to go to catch up to your quality.

Having a bugger of a time with the 91-C. Finding a few spots with the paint kit that I'm having difficulties working around. No worries.... I'll figure it out soon enough.

Thank You for your help with the Registration number also. Now that I've look at my paint again.... I see a few more discrepancies I will need to adjust. (smile)

Take care my friend and once again thanks for the help.

Best wishes,
Steve

Andrey
Site Admin

Post by Andrey » 03 Oct 2006, 21:39

Cool :)

Guys you should know in two-tree weeks we'll do the upgrate of the product with this machine included in all it's details (exterior, VC and avionics)... For all coustomers it will be free upgrate.

Andrey
We are at facebook: facebook.com/sibwings

Bill Womack

Post by Bill Womack » 04 Oct 2006, 00:18

That's great news, Andrey! Can't wait to try it out. This little SAAB is addictive ;-)
Bill Womack
Visit my FS Blog!

SGTMAJOR

Post by SGTMAJOR » 04 Oct 2006, 01:28

You mean it's going to get better???????????????????? OH MY GOSH!!!!!! I think I've Died and have gone to the After Life!!!!!

WOW.................. Simply AMAZING!!!

Best Wishes,
Steve

snave

Post by snave » 04 Oct 2006, 17:32

Upgrade!?!

WooHOO! I've not flown anything else than the Safir and the new Dornier 27 in the sim in ages! Doesn't look like anything will be getting a look in anytime soon. :D
Simon Evans

Moose

Post by Moose » 04 Oct 2006, 18:00

Outstanding! Looking forward to seeing some panel shots of this new version!

I'm with Simon...between this and the Dornier Do 27, my jetliners have been gathering some dust lately. :)
Lewis "Moose" Gregory

Andrey
Site Admin

Post by Andrey » 05 Oct 2006, 04:10

Hello Guys!

This is info we are starting work with ;)

Andrey
Attachments
cockpit1.jpg
cockpit1.jpg (78.57 KiB) Viewed 4070 times
We are at facebook: facebook.com/sibwings

SGTMAJOR

Post by SGTMAJOR » 05 Oct 2006, 06:10

Andrey...... Wonderful screenshot. (smile) Looks like it will be a great panel. I also notice that's the aircraft (D-EBED) I'm painting. (smile)

I finished the repaint an hour or so ago..... however, I'm waiting on a friend to send me the German Translation of "No Step" and then I'll package it up and get sent off.

I'll post some screenshots within the next couple of hours.... I am actually rather pleased with the outcome for my first "Official" repaint. If I keep practicing maybe someday I will be as good as Bill & Jure. Something to aspire to for sure. (smile)

Best wishes,
Steve

SGTMAJOR

Post by SGTMAJOR » 05 Oct 2006, 06:38

Hello all,

Well.... I think I'm finished with D-EBED finally. At least for now. As stated earlier... I would like to change the "No Step" into a German Translation... but if I don't have it by morning, I'll go ahead and package this thing and get it out of here. Although while taking the last screen shots I notice two minor flaws that I still need to correct.

Anyway..... hope you enjoy her as much as I have painting her.

Best wishes,
Steve

Dieter

Post by Dieter » 05 Oct 2006, 11:38

Hello Steve,

great paintiing!!!

NO STEP is in German NICHT BETRETEN,
but the question will be:
Are the German words on it in reality?

Greetings

Dieter

SGTMAJOR

Post by SGTMAJOR » 05 Oct 2006, 11:58

Dieter,

Thank you so much for the translation. You know... I've been looking at this tonight preparing to get it packaged up.... and I'm almost ready to remove the "No Step" all together.

I actually could go either way as I haven't a clue if the wording is on the actual aircraft or not...... however, I'll sleep on it and maybe decide in the morning. (smile)

If anyone else would like to chime in.... I welcome all opinions. (smile)

Many Thanks Again!!

Best wishes,
Steve