Suggestion for your next project...

Everything concerning FS and Aviation in general, and SAAB 91 Safir in particular is discussed here.
FreeBird

BirdDog on floats...?

Post by FreeBird » 18 Sep 2006, 10:12

Excellent choice! Hopefully you guys create a version on floats, too (http://www.ibdaweb.com/about.htm). I'd love to travel around from my home bay, even though it's quite closed to EFKU.

Cheers;
FreeBird
A family man in his fourties, and still playing with model planes and stuff like that. And - hopefully - never growing up :-)

vati1werner

Bird Dog

Post by vati1werner » 19 Sep 2006, 00:59

You guys have made my day, I love that bird. I'll be sittin' on pins and needles.

SGTMAJOR

Post by SGTMAJOR » 17 Oct 2006, 17:22

All I can say...... After the SAAB-91...... You Build it..... I'll Buy it. NO QUESTIONS ASKED!!!!!!

Best Flight Sim aircraft I've flown EVER!!!! The problem guys..... you've set the standard so high that you'll really have to work to keep up with your own level of perfection!! (I Love It!!!!!)

Best wishes,
Steve

Andrey
Site Admin

Post by Andrey » 17 Oct 2006, 18:29

Thanks for kind words Steve :)) Really, really pleasunt for us :) Now we are ourselves hostages of that standart :)) The serious and long work did such result...

So one more time, guys who can tell us even registration of Image
will have our respect ever :) and will got Sibwings BirdDog copy for free, even Safir, if he still have no :)

Andrey
We are at facebook: facebook.com/sibwings

Quax

Search for registration

Post by Quax » 18 Oct 2006, 23:43

Hi,

you find the bird in New Zealand: Cessna O-1 Bird Dog ZK-NAM

Try out this links:

http://www.antonakis.co.uk/registers/NewZealand.txt

"ZK-NAM","Cessna O-1F","57-2928","NAM Syndicate"

Another picture is there

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=109443

Hope this will help!

Regards

Thomas / Quax the Crashpilot

P.S.: I've already purchased the Safir and she's perfect!

Quax

Additional Info about ZK-NAM

Post by Quax » 19 Oct 2006, 00:24

Some additional info about ZK-NAM:

http://www.caa.govt.nz/script/Reg_Hist.asp?Reg_Mark=NAM

8-3-2002 Initial registration Cessna O-1F 57-2928 AIR no. None NAM Syndicate P O Box 72 798 PAPAKURA 1730

http://home.att.net/~jbaugher/1957.html

1957 USAF Serial Numbers
At least 2937 and 2976 to O-1F.
2912 to civil registry as N95495
2928 (c/n 24106) to Vietnam and then to NAM Syndicate of Ardmore, New Zealand as ZK-NAM.

Regards

Andrey
Site Admin

Re: Additional Info about ZK-NAM

Post by Andrey » 19 Oct 2006, 09:33

Wow! Ou yes Thomas! Thank you really much!!! We'll find you as soon as project will be released :) That is really useful information!

Andrey
We are at facebook: facebook.com/sibwings

Quax

It's been a pleasure

Post by Quax » 19 Oct 2006, 19:54

Well, it's really been a pleasure to be able to help you. And of course I'm looking forward to your next masterpiece. :-D

Just one question: The Bird Dog, will it be done for both: FS 9 and FS X?

Cause like many others I will not jump and run to buy FS X only to have an impressing slideshow.

Regards

SGTMAJOR

Post by SGTMAJOR » 20 Oct 2006, 02:21

Andrey,

I know SW-lab most likely has a LONGgggggggggg list of aircraft they are wishing to develop..... however, I hope you won't mind me submitting to you a "wish" for an aircraft I've been waiting to be developed for years, and yet has not been done.

Wonderful aircraft that has both civilian and military versions.... used all over the world.... a great all around even bush version.... and a classic. (smile)

I submit for your consideration some day..............

Again.... I know..... so many aircraft.... so little time. But you can't help an old guy from wishing! (smile)

Best of wishes,
Steve

Bill Womack

Post by Bill Womack » 20 Oct 2006, 04:24

Hi Steve,

Although it's not to Sib standards (few planes are, after all), I thought I remembered an FS9 version of the 195 being released as freeware a while back. I think it was Joe Binka that did it. Try an Avsim library search for "shakey_jake.zip" and see what comes up. It wasn't bad, as I recall. Maybe it would tide you over until SibWings can pound one out. :wink:
Bill Womack
Visit my FS Blog!

SGTMAJOR

Post by SGTMAJOR » 20 Oct 2006, 04:53

Hi Bill..... Yep.... you're right. That's what I get for trying to squeeze a forum post in between end of business trip reports. (smile) Shakey Jake is about the best 195 out there..... I'm amazed however that a payware version has never been done. Obviously I would love to see SW-lab do ALL my favorite aircraft... Best craftmanship I've ever seen.... (aircraft that is) Ranks right up there with your work!! (smile)

Now THERE would be a package!!!!!!!!!!!!! SW-lab Cessna 195 and a Bill Womack small private airstrip like Bear Gulch.... MAN-OH-MAN!!!!!!!! Who could ask for anything more!!!

Best wishes,
Steve

Bill Womack

Post by Bill Womack » 20 Oct 2006, 11:12

I'd be all over that idea, Steve. Seems like a good match to me as well...

Hmmmmmm.... :)
Bill Womack
Visit my FS Blog!

SGTMAJOR

Post by SGTMAJOR » 25 Oct 2006, 15:47

There you go Andrey.... sounds like a perfect match to me too. I'd gladly be willing to work on some polished aluminum textures..... get coffee... tea....deliver meals..... whatever it would take. (smile)

Best wishes,
Steve

Ludo62

Post by Ludo62 » 04 Nov 2006, 20:09

It sounds like it will be a great project. I'm sure that it will be amazing, given the past work of the developers. I can hardly wait for the first screenshots to start coming out. Good luck, and happy flying.

Ludo :)