Preview of LN-MAZ repaint

Everything concerning FS and Aviation in general, and SAAB 91 Safir in particular is discussed here.
Jure

Preview of LN-MAZ repaint

Post by Jure » 13 Sep 2006, 19:12

Hi,

another repaint, this time of a D model, LN_MAZ. Should be ready in a few days. I know, the curtains should be red. ;)

I would like some comments, please, as to how much shine should I apply to this one? On the photos the bare metal on the fuselage and the wings seems quite shiny...

I saw a couple of photos with a black nose on the LN-MAZ. I might do that version as well, it looks quite nice.

I am also painting a C model SE_LCD, but am having a devil's time finding all the decals and blending them into the background. The paintkit is a magic box, incredible what you guys have managed to cram into one texture file! I think some other developers could learn a thing or two from Sibwings. ;)

Regards,
Jure

6297J

Post by 6297J » 13 Sep 2006, 19:53

Lovely. I noticed that one on Airliners.net just the other day.

As for the amount of shine I'd say a couple of pegs down from mirror finish - like it was polished just a few days ago and it's beginning to cloud over again. Not too perfect but not too dirty either :wink:

Eagle

Post by Eagle » 14 Sep 2006, 03:04

Hey, your´e doing the LN-MAZ :smt026

I've seen it several times in formation with two other norwegian SAAB 91s over my hometown, participating in an annual airshow.

Yes, be careful with that shine, not too much, have you seen these?:

Looking forward to this, it looks beautiful :-).

Eagle

Jure

Post by Jure » 14 Sep 2006, 08:38

Thanks, I'll be careful with the shine. :) Somehow, too much polish doesn't look good on the Safir. I applied a gentle texture to give it a bit of a battered look and so far it looks good.

Eagle: I have seen the pictures, thanks. In fact, the first one is about the only photo I found where one can see the black and yellow stripes on the flaps and trims.

Jure

Gunnar

Post by Gunnar » 16 Sep 2006, 00:47

Looks great, Jure!

I am working on the same aircraft :D
Currently half finished.....

Gunnar v.d. Meeren

Jure

Post by Jure » 17 Sep 2006, 15:05

Hi Gunnar,

Another LN-MAZ? Great, the more, the merrier! :D
You opted for the HB-DBL model, I see. Mine is the regular D for a change...

Beautiful work =D> , looking forward to trying it in the air once it's finished!

Jure