autopilot

Everything concerning FS and Aviation in general, and SAAB 91 Safir in particular is discussed here.
hinch

autopilot

Post by hinch » 06 Sep 2006, 18:29

altitude hold and heading hold for those 'flat' flights without stuff to avoid or toilet breaks \:D/

click the screen for master switch and i think the rest is self explanatory.

out soon for HD-DBL as it has all the nice nav equipment - would fit in other planes, but i'm only putting it in the VC of this plane.

flyfan

Post by flyfan » 08 Sep 2006, 14:59

That´s nice-thx :D
***Thomas***

Hakan_Olsson

Re: autopilot

Post by Hakan_Olsson » 08 Sep 2006, 23:42

hinch wrote:Image

altitude hold and heading hold for those 'flat' flights without stuff to avoid or toilet breaks \:D/

out soon for HD-DBL as it has all the nice nav equipment - would fit in other planes, but i'm only putting it in the VC of this plane.

Sir !

To equip a Safir with an autopilot must be considered as a criminal act !
The aircraft has such excellent control harmony that every second flying it is a moment of absolute pleasure.
I'd rather wet my pants than let go of the stick for one single moment !

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry, I just couldnt help it, it's my twisted kind of humour, but I would never use the autopilot in a real Safir even if there was one fitted.

I guess this one will fit HB-DBL nicely. Thank you !

Best regards,

Håkan

S91C

Re: autopilot

Post by S91C » 09 Sep 2006, 00:33

Hakan_Olsson wrote:
hinch wrote:Image

Sir !

To equip a Safir with an autopilot must be considered as a criminal act !
The aircraft has such excellent control harmony that every second flying it is a moment of absolute pleasure.
I'd rather wet my pants than let go of the stick for one single moment !

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry, I just couldnt help it, it's my twisted kind of humour, but I would never use the autopilot in a real Safir even if there was one fitted.

I guess this one will fit HB-DBL nicely. Thank you !

Best regards,

Håkan
:lol: :lol: .....yeah, very well said.
You are absoloutley right about this.... Flying S91 with autopilot must feel like someone had stolen the "saturdaynight candy" from you :lol:

flyfan

Post by flyfan » 09 Sep 2006, 01:10

I don´t like it either (believe me or not) but it´s handy if you´re flying online (can´t/shouldn´t pause) and you have to go to the Toilet... :lol:
***Thomas***

hinch

Post by hinch » 09 Sep 2006, 01:20

flyfan wrote: if you´re flying online (can´t/shouldn´t pause) and you have to go to the Toilet... :lol:
exactly why! developed for that reason.

but flightsim isn't too good at this trim lark no matter how wonderfully the plane flies :(

Beckmann

Post by Beckmann » 09 Sep 2006, 01:29

I fly from EDDS to LFRD with the Saab and no autopilot.

4h in the air and no Toilet, feel real. 8)
Greetings Torsten

S91C

Post by S91C » 09 Sep 2006, 01:37

flyfan wrote:I don´t like it either (believe me or not) but it´s handy if you´re flying online (can´t/shouldn´t pause) and you have to go to the Toilet... :lol:
ok...let me tell an absoloutly true story..... :D
For many years ago, when 15:th wing in SAF still exist. There was a colleague to me that go in an Safir as pax, between ESNY (F15) to a airfrocebase in northern parts of Sweden. Estimated flight time was a couple of hours. After a while airborne he start feeling that he actually need a visit in toilet. This was of course not possible and when they arrived the base after almost two hours in the air, and he was in some sort of crisis, they just find out there was fog and not possible to land. They have to a do a 360 turn, low on fuel, and go to the only alternative with landable weather wich was 45 minutes behind. My colleague had no choise, he had to take of one of his boots and pee in it, to this day pilots big pleasure. He got the laugh of the day......... :)

And the moral conclusion of that is: If he could....you could,therefore skip the autopilot, there is better ways...... :lol: :lol:

//Per

Johan, if you wonder who it was.......så var det PC ohlsson om du minns och delham....

Knorren

Hahahahaha

Post by Knorren » 09 Sep 2006, 11:06

:-D :-D :-D :-D :twisted:
Regards
/Johan
Proud Pilot of KVZ and LAZ
http://www.f15fk.se
http://www.fcfk.com/fcfk/

hinch

Post by hinch » 09 Sep 2006, 16:05

oh, well that's just lovely!

i'm in trouble then - they don't make shoes like they used to, and my vegetarian vans sure aint waterproof!

glapira

Post by glapira » 24 Sep 2006, 14:01

Hello!

In first I would like to thank you for the job you have done on the AP... as someone else said, I use to fly Online and It would be very useful to have an AP to mantain altitude and hdg. Would you mind sending it to me?

My email is radial360@hotmail.com .

Thanks in advance!

Giorgio

Largo222

Auto Pilot

Post by Largo222 » 26 Sep 2006, 17:35

Hinch ------ I sure could use your auto pilot. Have you posted it anywhere? If not, could you send copy to me. Thanks.

My email = franlee@earthlink.net
Largo222

Stefan

Autopilot.

Post by Stefan » 03 Oct 2006, 12:47

To put a AP in a Safir are the same thing as if you would put an automatic gearbox in an Ferrari, and at the same time paint it lime green!

Dear lord...! Toliet visits...!?

There are lot of Cessnas and PA-28 out there that acctualy need an autopilot since they are to boring to fly... Don't spoile this aircraft with this cind of "junk"!

Largo222

Post by Largo222 » 03 Oct 2006, 18:40

Its only a GAME man!!
Largo222

Ibber

Post by Ibber » 17 Oct 2006, 23:07

Largo222 wrote:Its only a GAME man!!
Nope :D Its a freaking obsession :lol:

rpiereck

Post by rpiereck » 08 Dec 2006, 22:13

I added Reality XP's S-TEC System 50 Autopilot as a separate window on my 91D, works great.

http://www.reality-xp.com/products/free/freeware.htm
-- Renato Piereck

Hakan

Post by Hakan » 09 Dec 2006, 00:36

YOU DID ?? [-X
:wink:

rpiereck

Post by rpiereck » 09 Dec 2006, 05:04

I am going to use the Safir on my ongoing Capitals of the World tour... and I need an autopilot for those long flights. I was using a Beechcraft Twin Bonanza, but I crashed it after an electrical failure prevented me from extending the landing gear. I searched around the net for a suitable replacement and found this awesome Saab. The tour started in Miami, FL, passed by all countries in the Caribbean Sea and South America, crossed the Atlantic with a stop in Ascension Island and now I am in Africa. The crash happened in Côte d'Ivoire.

Good thing the Saab's landing gear extends mechanically, not electrically ;)
-- Renato Piereck

Moose

Post by Moose » 13 Mar 2007, 05:52

I realize I'm dredging up an old thread here, but was this autopilot ever posted anywhere? If not, I'm looking to just add one autopilot function to HB-DBL...all I want is a wing leveler. That's it. Not even any heading or altitude hold, I'd just like to be able to hit "Z" and have the wings stay level, so I can take my hand off the stick for a minute or two, or get up and use the bathroom. Is there a tweak to the aircraft.cfg that I could use to add that function? Thanks. :)
Lewis "Moose" Gregory

vihanovich

Post by vihanovich » 27 Mar 2007, 17:15

Moose wrote:I realize I'm dredging up an old thread here, but was this autopilot ever posted anywhere? If not, I'm looking to just add one autopilot function to HB-DBL...all I want is a wing leveler. That's it. Not even any heading or altitude hold, I'd just like to be able to hit "Z" and have the wings stay level, so I can take my hand off the stick for a minute or two, or get up and use the bathroom. Is there a tweak to the aircraft.cfg that I could use to add that function? Thanks. :)
Get a range extender ;)