Just a great aircraft

Everything concerning SAAB 91 Safir X is discussed here.
pj_3

Just a great aircraft

Post by pj_3 » 05 Sep 2009, 16:55

Just wanted to say "Thank You" SibWings, for producing this great aircraft for FSX!

Best Wishes,
Last edited by pj_3 on 05 Dec 2009, 17:47, edited 1 time in total.
Paul J

Water-cooled i7-2600K@4.8gig, ASUS P8P67 B3 DeLuxe; EVGA GTX580; 8gig Corsair Vengeance C8@1600; Win 7-64; TH2G w/3x19" Viewsonic VA926; Homebuilt airliner-style yoke and pedals; 6-pack throttle quadrant; TrackIR5 & EZCA; No blurries.[/font][/size]

Andrey
Site Admin

Re: Just a great aircraft

Post by Andrey » 12 Oct 2009, 00:13

Thank you for choosing us ;)
Thank you for kind words!
Birddog is comming btw. If not better, then on same quality level for sure ;)

Andrey
We are at facebook: facebook.com/sibwings

wavn

Post by wavn » 04 Dec 2009, 19:58

Birddog is comming btw. If not better, then on same quality level for sure
Just saw the Birddog movie at the FTX "Caloundra" movie: great!!
Will sure buy her :grin:

Bye,

Willem

Edited: will it work on my system: Windows 7 (64 bit)? (same question for the Saab).
Reading this:
I've just uploaded new installation pack with fixed safir.dll and activation functionality for W7.
Please, test it on Windows 7.
, I assume it will work?

Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex » 04 Dec 2009, 22:13

It will work and works now as I can see :)
Alex Petrochenko
SibWings developer

wavn

Post by wavn » 05 Dec 2009, 12:03

Thanks for your quick answer Alex :)

Willem

pj_3

Post by pj_3 » 05 Dec 2009, 17:38

Works perfectly on Win7/32-bit, Alex.. I'm running UT_USA, GEX, REX, ASA, Victoria+, with TripleHead2Go and TrackIR.

Many thanks for the modification - she's back on the flight-line. :smt023
Paul J

Water-cooled i7-2600K@4.8gig, ASUS P8P67 B3 DeLuxe; EVGA GTX580; 8gig Corsair Vengeance C8@1600; Win 7-64; TH2G w/3x19" Viewsonic VA926; Homebuilt airliner-style yoke and pedals; 6-pack throttle quadrant; TrackIR5 & EZCA; No blurries.[/font][/size]

Ron Attwood

Post by Ron Attwood » 08 Jun 2010, 23:33

Let's drag this thread screaming back into the light. :twisted: Is the Safir I download, the definitive article or will I have to mess about getting it to work in W7?
I'm very tempted to buy this aeroplane ( :wink: ) as soon as we see the final BirdDog. :)
Computer: Black box with a bunch of electrical looking stuff inside. Lots of fans and blue lights and it sits there humming away gently and lets me play games on it.

pj_3

Post by pj_3 » 08 Jun 2010, 23:51

Ron - I'll reload it tonight: I haven't reinstalled it since I put W7 back on this last time: it does work in W7, but I don't remember how well.. In FS9 it was one of the best aircraft I had: I seem to remember it was not so hot in FSX. It's another individual aircraft that has "Personality". I'm pretty sure you'd like it if you like the BD.
Paul J

Ron Attwood

Post by Ron Attwood » 08 Jun 2010, 23:56

Most kind. :) It's obviously not true what they say aboat Canadians. ;-)
Computer: Black box with a bunch of electrical looking stuff inside. Lots of fans and blue lights and it sits there humming away gently and lets me play games on it.

pj_3

Post by pj_3 » 09 Jun 2010, 00:11

No - no, Ron - it's perfectly true.... I'm an Englishman who happens to enjoy the sunshine and warm, clean air of Canada rather than the cold, miserable, wet weather of Limeyland..
Paul J

Ron Attwood

Post by Ron Attwood » 09 Jun 2010, 00:50

I KNEW there was something pukka about you!

EDIT: Spam is a good tool for making a forum seem lived in, don'cha think? :lol:

mos

Post by mos » 09 Jun 2010, 01:35

Ron Attwood wrote:Let's drag this thread screaming back into the light. :twisted: Is the Safir I download, the definitive article or will I have to mess about getting it to work in W7?
I'm very tempted to buy this aeroplane ( :wink: ) as soon as we see the final BirdDog. :)
The SAAB 91 Safir for FSX is great, nearly as great as the "BirdDog" when we speak about interior, and paint, but it have about the same "wrong" problem, as the "birddog" when it come to Air and Flight Dynamics / gauges, and I had to change them ( flight dynamics / (cfg. and air.files), as I did with the "BirdDog".
But when it comes to Visual, the bird's is stunning. and quality of interieur is second to none. (believe me I have them all) very close is A2A with there Spitfire)), Sibwings is damn good about creating interieur, and make you feel like, that you is actually sitting there, (they could make money by reworking about any default FSX aeroplane cockpits), but Flight Dynamics,??? - maybe try something close to RealAir SF-260, air file, and take a closer look to your cfg. file.

MOS

Ron Attwood

Post by Ron Attwood » 09 Jun 2010, 04:28

I bought it. and I like it. :grin:

Ron Attwood

Post by Ron Attwood » 27 Jun 2010, 04:22

Ron Attwood wrote:I bought it. and I like it. :grin:
With a proviso. I have officially given up on the 91b! I am sick to death of the damned GPS/radio switching off 5 minutes into a flight. :evil: if there's a switch, I've switched it, a knob, I've er..knobbed it! :grin:
On the ground, pre-flight checks etc. the radio switches on and all the twiddly bits twiddle. In the air (after the customary 5 minutes) the radio and GPS switch off and there is absolutely no way to switch them back on. Everything else is fine. I don't fall out of the sky because the electrics have failed, I just get lost! :P The manual is no use except to confirm I haven't missed a button somewhere. There is none of this nonsense in either the 91c or d
So, there IS no longer a 91b.
I've no idea why I've posted this because all the 'support' staff are....well, who knows? :roll:
OK, I got it off my chest. Nothing more to see here, move along please.

:lol: :lol: :lol: (Hysteria :wink: )

Andrey
Site Admin

Post by Andrey » 28 Jul 2010, 23:56

Sorry Ron, I have no idea, fly 10 minuts rigth now with radio and gps on.. they are work fine.. switched on\off... maybe someone else have same problem ? Check it out please, guys.
We are at facebook: facebook.com/sibwings

pj_3

Post by pj_3 » 29 Jul 2010, 00:25

Ron - how do you set up your default flight - and if not done so recently - try setting up a new one, with everything off except the radio switches: leave them "on". I'm talking about the Cessna 172. Then launch that first and then switch the Cessna out and the Safir in.
Paul J

Ron Attwood

Post by Ron Attwood » 29 Jul 2010, 00:34

pj_3 wrote:Ron - how do you set up your default flight - and if not done so recently - try setting up a new one, with everything off except the radio switches: leave them "on". I'm talking about the Cessna 172. Then launch that first and then switch the Cessna out and the Safir in.
For you Paul I'll do it....again. :grin:
I've been down this road a few times and the puzzling thing is it is ONLY the 91B! All other Safirs, in fact all other aircraft period, behave normally. :(

Ron Attwood

Post by Ron Attwood » 29 Jul 2010, 01:49

I'm back. :grin:
Did as instructed, 172 default, everything off except radio. Load up and swop the aircraft to a 91B from within the game. Fire it up and off we go! seven minutes into flight I took this screenie. Note that the radio is on.

Three minutes later and I SWEAR I didn't touch nuffin guv, I took this screenie. I was simply flying along enjoying the scenery. Note that the radio is off too.

Next up I swopped the 91B for a 91D (could just as well been a C) using the same method. Loading default 172 and changing from within the game. Flew around for twenty minutes no disappearing GPS. Logic tells me there is something amiss with the 91B as it's the only aircraft affected. Maybe the .air file? I've searched through the aircraft.cfg and found no differences that would account for it.

P.S. The default flight thing. Previously(on NYPD Blue :) ) I deleted all the various profiles including the default and started from scratch. No difference.

pj_3

Post by pj_3 » 29 Jul 2010, 02:35

Hmmmmph! Really strange. Well I can only think it must be some difference in the code, Ron. Maybe Alex can give you an answer. I haven't flown her in a while, but I'll play with it sometime later on this week, and see if I can replicate it. :(
Paul J

Ron Attwood

Post by Ron Attwood » 29 Jul 2010, 02:41

It would be wonderful if you could replicate it just to prove I'm not going gaga. On the other hand I wouldn't mind being shown to be gaga if only someone would say "Press this button and all will be well"