safir hide\show gauge glass

All problems and technical questions concerning our SAAB 91 Safir X are discussed here.
pipergiallo

safir hide\show gauge glass

Post by pipergiallo » 21 Mar 2010, 15:58

Hello, I need some information about the hide/show gauge glass in safir fsx: I know that Ctrl+Shift+0 should hide or show the reflections on the gauge glasses, however I'm not able to get reflections on my gauges. All is working properly, but nothing changes when I try Ctrl+Shift+0. Are there any other workaround to get reflections, even without the possibility to change back? Thank you for your help, and thank you for a wonderful bird to Sibwings (I had the luck to see a real one, thought not to pilot it, but the virtual safir is really like that!).
I'm on a 2.66 Ghz intel core i5 8GB RAM, Win 7 64 bit.

pipergiallo

Re: safir hide\show gauge glass

Post by pipergiallo » 29 Mar 2010, 21:52

Hi, no one has any suggestion? Maybe it's an issue of Win7/Safir, do you know if there is a workaround?
I'm also interested to know if the Bird Dog, in Win 7, has the same issue (no reflecting gauges).

mos

Post by mos » 19 May 2010, 22:12

I don't think it's a Win7 issue only, I use XP-Pro 32, (FSX - acceleration) and I have no reflections either in the "SAAB" gauges, except for the SibWings_SAAB_91D_HB-DBL (the rest of the SibWings = no reflections)gauges)), .
"Are there any other workaround to get reflections" ?, Yes, change gauges.

pipergiallo

Post by pipergiallo » 23 May 2010, 23:31

Thank you for your reply mos, but what do you mean with "change gauges"? :?:
Alex, I know that you read these threads, why don't you say something to help us with this (very very little issue... I see) reflections? Your Saab Safir is a masterpiece, very detailed, with stunning sounds, a joy to fly, why can't I have it perfect with all the implementations!

mos

Post by mos » 24 May 2010, 06:21

pipergiallo wrote:Thank you for your reply mos, but what do you mean with "change gauges"? :?:
Alex, I know that you read these threads, why don't you say something to help us with this (very very little issue... I see) reflections? Your Saab Safir is a masterpiece, very detailed, with stunning sounds, a joy to fly, why can't I have it perfect with all the implementations!
Hi "pipergiallo" !
"but what do you mean with "change gauges" ?
What I "mean"/meant!: = change gauges from "default",- "sibwings", haven't made this part easy, but I have done it,(and now I have "the" reflections,) but not with default)) but the last time, I tried to help people out here in this forum, it didn't went out (shall we say) right,. don't misunderstand me, but you have to direct your complains to "sibwings", but of-course they wont tell you haw to "change"/use other default FSX//payware gauges,.- "sibwings" have done a very nice job with interior/paint/"VC"/Cockpit, ecc, but gauges, and flight behaviour, we have to wait for,- but still, there is a "workaround to get reflections", ......., .
This, wasn't of much help to you,. I just want to, let you now, that it's not only a "Win 7 64 bit" issue., and that,- it is possible, to overcome the missing "reflections on the gauge glasses", but right now I think they ("sibwings") are felt up with the BirdDog (another really good looking "bird") refer "sibwings")).
MOS