Glass transparancy bug

All problems and technical questions concerning our SAAB 91 Safir X are discussed here.
CoNa

Glass transparancy bug

Post by CoNa » 13 Sep 2009, 13:04

Moving this topic to the support forum instead as I now understand that this is a bug.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=625

One of my friends that also have the safir has just sent me some pictures and he does not have the same problem.
So the high brightness in my cockpit is not what everyone else see. No wonder I could not get anyone to understand.
I have tried to uninstall, removed all traces of the safir, downloaded a fresh new file and installed it again.......no change. It is still broken.
Something is making the cockpit on the B version to be wrong and I don't have a clue of what.
I need your help to find a solution on this one.

Andrey
Site Admin

Re: Glass transparancy bug

Post by Andrey » 13 Sep 2009, 13:16

Hello CoNa!

Difficult to answer this question, maybe glass transparent could depends on video card. This moment I can only promice that we'll try to fix this in next update.

Andrey
We are at facebook: facebook.com/sibwings

CoNa

Post by CoNa » 13 Sep 2009, 13:29

If it would be the video card it would affect the C and D version too I would guess, and it does not.
I tested to use the C version internal model and then it looked just fine, but of course that messes with alot of other things.
So the problem seems to be with the b_int.mdl file.

Here you can see that it looks correct. The pilot is barely noticable in the reflection. But with the original file it looks like I have a ghost sitting beside me.

Andrey
Site Admin

Post by Andrey » 14 Sep 2009, 19:13

CoNa,

From your pictures I get that you did something strange with base pack... looks like you use textures from B version with C version mdl ? What was the goal ? You know, it's hard to answer questions if it's not our pack but something costom. I check 3dmax scenes, looks like internal glass in B and C versions are very equal. All I can advice in this situation it's to make alpha-chanel in texture S91_texture07_C.dds more dark, it will help for sure, make sure it have 32bit format. (But first make sure you use it from our pack)

Andrey

CoNa

Post by CoNa » 14 Sep 2009, 22:29

This was just to show that something is not right with the B_int file.
If you look at the reflections you can see that the pilot becomes nearly invisible if I use the C model file
I have not changed anything in your files. this was just to show how it is supposed to look.
I just copied the C_int file , renamed it to B-int (after I temporarily renamed the original file of course)
There is nothing "custom" about this.
Last edited by CoNa on 14 Sep 2009, 22:37, edited 1 time in total.

CoNa

Post by CoNa » 14 Sep 2009, 22:34

Andrey wrote:CoNa,

From your pictures I get that you did something strange with base pack... looks like you use textures from B version with C version mdl ? What was the goal ? You know, it's hard to answer questions if it's not our pack but something costom. I check 3dmax scenes, looks like internal glass in B and C versions are very equal. All I can advice in this situation it's to make alpha-chanel in texture S91_texture07_C.dds more dark, it will help for sure, make sure it have 32bit format. (But first make sure you use it from our pack)

Andrey
Unfortunately, I do not know how to change this alha-channel.
Why is it that the transparancy changes with the C_int file?
And why is it not affecting all customers? My friend had not this problem at all.

Andrey
Site Admin

Post by Andrey » 14 Sep 2009, 22:54

Sent e-mail to you, please check out.

Andrey

CoNa

Post by CoNa » 14 Sep 2009, 23:31

Sorry,no differance. Problem remains.

CoNa

Post by CoNa » 15 Sep 2009, 15:10

Hi, and thanks
The last file you sent did the trick.
Finally i can fully enjoy this bird in all versions.
Appreciate your support / Conny

stevebau

Post by stevebau » 22 Nov 2009, 21:18

I also have the same problem with the B version at night. I can not believe this is a video card problem as it does not affect the other versions. Would you send me this file also.
Thanks, Steve.

Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex » 23 Nov 2009, 02:14

Alex Petrochenko
SibWings developer