Radio & GPS

All problems and technical questions concerning our SAAB 91 Safir X are discussed here.
rprachun

Radio & GPS

Post by rprachun » 23 Nov 2008, 06:51

Hello. Sorry to be a fuss. Love the aircraft! However...I can not get the GPS to function nor hear the radio. I have all electricals on (battery, alternator, or DC power...depending on model) when engine running. Notice that the radio volume knob does not turn...though this might be normal. Try the right mouse button to increase volume to 100%...but to no effect.

Just purchased aircraft today (Nov 22), but downloaded and installed the update only files of Nov 22nd...but again, no luck.

Also notice that if you switch models without exiting FSX, then FSX crashes...ooops!

Plane flys great...please Help :?

Ray
XP Pro SP3
FSX SP2 (no acceleration installed)

Andrey
Site Admin

Re: Radio & GPS

Post by Andrey » 23 Nov 2008, 07:24

Hello Ray!

First of all thanks for choosing our product and kind words about our work, second please learn manual a bit, in some versions - C for example is the separate switch to power the radio.

FSX crashes.. hmm are you sure you have update installed ? this moment can only recomend to reinstall last package totally (no reactivation needed)... but we need to learn the problem, have you running anything else duaring it happend ? (icq, antivir things like this )

Andrey
We are at facebook: facebook.com/sibwings

rprachun

Post by rprachun » 24 Nov 2008, 05:32

Thanks for the quick reply.
I have solved the radio & GPS issue. I use a Saitek control system, including a throttle control block along with the yoke control. I have programmed one of the external control block buttons to turn avionics on and off. I must use this button to activate the radio and GPS system even though I have engaged ALL flight deck buttons and switches. Odd...no other aircraft requires this. Anyway...it now works.

As to Crash to Desktop...unfotunately that is still there. I downloaded the complete update and re-installed. This only happens if you switch aircraft models without exiting FSX. I have no other software running...I use SMARTCLOSE, and application that shuts down all unnecessary tasks to ensure no conflicts. Works with ALL my other purchased aircraft... and I have a lot of those :grin:

I can live with this situation...the aircraft is too good not to have to work a little to enjoy such excellent workmanship. Hey, no pain, no gain!

Thanks

Ray

Andrey
Site Admin

Post by Andrey » 24 Nov 2008, 07:18

Hello,

If you turn engine off, before change airplane - same result ?

Andrey
We are at facebook: facebook.com/sibwings

rprachun

Post by rprachun » 25 Nov 2008, 05:48

Hi Andrey. Unfortunately...yes same results. I carefully shutdown all systems; go to FSX main menu; select new Safir model; launch FSX and it crashes after a moment of black screen. Sorry. :?

If I am the only person experiencing this then it must be my machine or software configuration.

Ray

majorv

Post by majorv » 26 Aug 2009, 23:38

rprachun wrote:I have solved the radio & GPS issue. I use a Saitek control system, including a throttle control block along with the yoke control. I have programmed one of the external control block buttons to turn avionics on and off. I must use this button to activate the radio and GPS system even though I have engaged ALL flight deck buttons and switches. Odd...no other aircraft requires this. Anyway...it now works.
Ray:

Thanks for posting this. I had the exact same problem and I would have never figured out the solution without your post.

Regards,

Major V