VOR setting??

All problems and technical questions concerning our SAAB 91 Safir X are discussed here.
Brian W Keske

VOR setting??

Post by Brian W Keske » 11 Nov 2008, 05:13

I've been flying for a long time in FS, and have never seen a VOR function like this. So, if tis is correct somehow, this is a first for me after 12+ years.

See this screen shot:

I am sitting on the tarmac at an approx. 340 heading. I have my VOR1 dialed into a very close VOR that is about 45-46 degrees from where I am sitting. If I dial the VOR bug to 45+/- the needle does not center, but, when I dial the VOR bug to my current heading od 340+/- the needle aligns, yet the bug displays the correct heading to the VOR. I would assume the heading of the VOR should display 45 degrees (not 340 as shown, my current heading)), the same as the 'bug' display, so I know what heading to turn to.

This cannot be correct, is it?

Voyager30

Re: VOR setting??

Post by Voyager30 » 11 Nov 2008, 09:36

If you look at the VOR needle when you turn the OBS nob, where is the pivot point.
I did find problem with the simulation of the VOR needle yesterday that i have informed the developers about it.
When i turn the OBS nob does my needle pivot around the needles arrow and i dont think that this is correct and i think that the behaviour you see is a "effect" of this.

Regards

Gerth

Andrey
Site Admin

Post by Andrey » 11 Nov 2008, 09:41

Ok guys we'll check it out, fix will be provided.

Thanks for bug catching !

Andrey
We are at facebook: facebook.com/sibwings

Brian W Keske

Post by Brian W Keske » 11 Nov 2008, 18:51

Andrey wrote:Ok guys we'll check it out, fix will be provided.

Thanks for bug catching !

Andrey
Thanks Andrey, at least I know I'm not crazy now :grin:

....and BTW, it really is great to have the Saab in FSX, I've missed her a great deal. ;-)