Fsx crash after Safir selection.

All problems and technical questions concerning our SAAB 91 Safir X are discussed here.
Voyager30

Re: Fsx crash after Safir selection.

Post by Voyager30 » 03 Jan 2009, 12:42

Hi MarcoP

Can you please give some information how you have your FSX installed.
we had an user that had the same type of problems that you and they dissapeared after a reinstallation of FSX to the C: drive on the computer.
When he had these issues with his Safir had he FSX installed on his D: drive - but found out that some parts of FSX had been installed on "C:\program files\Microsoft...." anyway that might caused the problem.
If you have your installation on another drive then C: can you please see if there is any installed files related to FSX on the C: drive
As you also have tried to install Acceleration does you FSX.EXE fileversion state 10.0.61637.0 ?

So in order to help can you please supply this information.

Thanks in advance
/Gerth

Andrey
Site Admin

Post by Andrey » 04 Jan 2009, 00:10

Hi everyone and Happy New Year,

safir.dll is problem for sure - it's module where all gauges and sysems of safir are counting, and seems some operations could conflict with other projects of windows or simulator. Problem is't total we have not too much reports about it, that is and good and bad, bad because we still do not know its reasons.

We are trying to find out, we'll be very appishiated for any help or new information about this bug.

Andrey
We are at facebook: facebook.com/sibwings

MarcoP

Post by MarcoP » 08 Jan 2009, 13:16

Voyager30 wrote:Hi MarcoP

Can you please give some information how you have your FSX installed.
we had an user that had the same type of problems that you and they dissapeared after a reinstallation of FSX to the C: drive on the computer.
When he had these issues with his Safir had he FSX installed on his D: drive - but found out that some parts of FSX had been installed on "C:\program files\Microsoft...." anyway that might caused the problem.
If you have your installation on another drive then C: can you please see if there is any installed files related to FSX on the C: drive
As you also have tried to install Acceleration does you FSX.EXE fileversion state 10.0.61637.0 ?

So in order to help can you please supply this information.

Thanks in advance
/Gerth
I have installed my operating system in C:, and Fsx in J:.
Anyway Fsx install in C: some files (simobject, fsx.cfg, ecc.), but is normal. Is the same that do Fs9.
My Fsx version is 10.0.61637.0!

MarcoP

Post by MarcoP » 16 Jan 2009, 14:02

Any news??

Voyager30

Post by Voyager30 » 17 Jan 2009, 10:44

Hi MarcoP

Unfortunattelly no - Alex is still on vacation so i have not had the time to discuss a solution to your problem with him.
I will try to get in contact with Alex as soon as i know that he is back.
I have an idea i want to test though, that i need to get Alex approval to do.

Regards

Gerth

Pizzicato

Post by Pizzicato » 07 Feb 2009, 22:25

I've been having the exact same problem on my Vista Ultimate system with Acceleration installed. I'd be happy to provide whatever info you need in order to resolve this issue. Just let me know.

While I'm here, I just wanted to say "thank you" for such a wonderfully crafted product. I have quite a few payware aircraft for FS2004 and the Safir is by far my favourite. I'm really looking forward to being able to play around with it in FSX. You guys did an incredible job and offering the upgrade to FSX for free was a phenomenally generous gesture.

I'll definitely be buying the Bird Dog when it's released.

Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex » 07 Feb 2009, 23:18

Hi Pizzicato, please, check your PM.
Alex Petrochenko
SibWings developer

crashmax

Post by crashmax » 21 Feb 2009, 19:42

Hi All

I just bought the SAAB 91 for FSX and having exactly the same problem. Is there a solution yet?
FSX with SP2. After selecting SAAB 91 Safir, FSX crashes to Desktop.

Thank you for helping me out of this problem.

Kind regards
Patrick